Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Motto of the Month...

My friend mentioned this quote and I think about it all the time. So in a pursuit to make myself a better person, I am making a monthly motto that I can think about and work on. We'll see how it goes. It is always better to tell someone so that you have "pressure" to fulfill your goals. So here we go, you can all keep me in check.

From the book I Am a Mother

"If you can control your behavior when everything around you is out of control, you can model for your children a valuable lesson in patience and understanding...and snatch an opportunity to shape character." pg. 81

I love this and hope that I can show this example to my children, especially when my buttons are being pushed. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

It's Been a Day! said...

This quote does not describe me in the least. However, it something that I want to be better at. So, I think I'll have to print this quote out and stick it all around my house!!