Friday, February 8, 2008

DAY 8:

I LOVE my INDEX finger...



I am telling this "LOVE" with a new increased knowledge. Living without an index finger might be hard to do, especially when you have lived your life with a healthy, plump pointer up to this time. How would I know you might ask?



Well last night I was visiting at a friend's house, cutting a baguette with her gin-su knives. Well, needless to say I cut about as much baguette as I did finger. So thank goodness for good friends to run me to the Urgent care. I am sure we looked so funny walking in with one girl holding my bloody finger and the other tagging along as the driver. Then another friend went to my house to watch my kids so that Tyler could come to the hospital. The first thing Ty said when he came was, "What's wrong with your right hand?" wondering why I wasn't holding my own finger. Anyway, Ty waited with me until the doctor sewed me up with 5 stitches and then I headed back to the girls at 11:00pm. I am so glad that I had good friends to drop everything for me without even a question. Love you girls.

So back to my point, why do I LOVE mr. index...
well, I already felt like I needed a third hand, now I realize how much I could really do with two...typing for starters, also doing dishes (didn't miss this), doing any of those "creating" things I mentioned in an earlier post, playing games with my kiddos, pretty much all my daily activities. Overall, life is easier without your index finger in a straight splint...go figure, but hey, it is intact! :)

warning: pictures to come :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry about your finger. I can empathize. I cut my index finger pretty bad as well. In fact it was when we were doing FHE with us, you guys, and Mom & Dad. I had been making something and chopped my finger good. We had the FHE at your house that night. Not that I expect you to remember, but I sure do. I still have a scar and numbing from it. I hope yours heals fast. Love you! We're back in the US in less than two weeks.

Tracy said...

I think your index finger with the bangages makes you seem much more authoratative! p.s. I would deal with you blood anyday! :)

James Low said...

erin low saying "story of my life cutting my finger really really bandly while cutting food!"

Granum Family said...

Sounds painful!!! I'm glad you have so many friends there to help you out!

It's Been a Day! said...

At least you got to go back and enjoy a night with the girls!! Hope you recover quickly!

hayleyrowan said...

so sorry about the finger. sounds like it hurts!