Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Careless Whisper"...




...a reliving of a 1986 PROM.


First of all, I have to say that I have the coolest friends...ever! A friend of ours was turning 40 this last weekend and so his wife threw him a birthday BASH to say the least. Yes, we relived his prom. Of course, 80's dress was strictly enforced. So Ty and I went shopping...Salvation Army served us quite well. But I will let you be the judge.





Can you believe I got my hair like that? I'd like to give myself credit, especially since I am certain my mom was still doing these do's for me through the 80's. Ty's style only took about 10 minutes of blowing dry!



We watched "Footloose" the night before so that we would be ready for the dance and apparently it did the job. We had a dance off, the winners be none other than yours truly! Ty was a dancing machine. He busted out moves that surprised even him. At one point he even found himself spinning on the floor after a few break dancing moves. But what won us the contest? Well, I danced half way down the line, stopped lifted my dress and Ty slid right on through my legs. It really was quite the sight! What a cool husband I have! We really had one of the funnest times ever!

The beautiful Kaari and birthday boy Lance, and of course PROM King and Queen.


These our friends Tiff and Steve with their OOPS, high school baby :)

Tracy and Jeff...and the wonderful backdrop...seriously?!

I stole a couple pics from Tracy since I didn't have my camera there. Thanks Trace

7 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

what a great night and I love the outfits! I'm impressed with the hair. I know I was doing my own hair in the 80s, but i"m not sure I could do it again like that!

hayleyrowan said...

i was so confused when i saw that picture. i thought "linds and ty didn't go to prom together...we didn't go to prom in the 80's" nice outfits! all those stag dances served you well it looks like.

cassi said...

You guys look great! Love it.

Natalie said...

I love it Linds! Wish I could have seen you guys dancing, that is so hilarious. Nice hair.

Lindsey Lee said...

Oh my heck..that is the funniest thing i have ever seen!! I want to host a party like that so i can be the prom queen i always dreamed of being. :)
I LOVE the dress linds, Awesome...but the hair tops the cake!! PS. Happy birthday Christian. Time flies!

Gilly Funk said...

Okay! I am so jealous! That is totally my kind of party. That look so fun. I love your hair, and I was a little surprised that it looked so good. Are you sure you don't normally do your hair like that. It seems so effortless.

Erin said...

that is so fun! I am so jealous! what a great party to have. I actually want to throw my hubby one of those for his bday this year!