Monday, January 28, 2008

Gladys Knight...McDowell and a wonderful Leader






Last night as I heard of the passing of the dear president of my church, Gordon B. Hinckley I had a few solemn moments. However, after a few minutes I couldn't help but smile thinking of what a great thing was going on at that moment. I volunteered as an usher for the Gladys Knight Saints Unified Voices Choir. Gladys has a calling in our church to direct this choir and go from place to place with them testifying of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was amazing, she brought SOUL to wonderful hymns. She and her husband, who joined the church after their marriage testified to all of their conversion to the "true church". It was powerful, touching many people of other faiths and informing them of the fullness of this gospel. If any of you have the opportunity to attend this performance, take it! You could see how happy the gospel has made these fantastic people and they wanted to shout it on the rooftops. Well, it was quite contagious. I thought, what a better tribute to our beloved prophet, who taught the gospel so publicly and in such a bold manner than to follow his example. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints makes me so happy. It puts meaning and purpose in my life. I see the blessings it gives to me everyday. Jesus Christ is at the head and has called a prophet for our guidance here on earth, just as he had the apostles after his death for it is His same gospel, restored. How lucky I am to have this knowledge.

"In all of life, have much fun and laughter; life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

There you have it...spread the word.

5 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i have heard about this concert and how good it is. i heard in atlanta, there were more referrals made in the one night than in the entire mission in a year!! amazing.

Gilly Funk said...

I love that quote from Pres. Hinckley. It's so strange thinking of him gone, but I'm sure he is so happy right now!

Jessica said...

Lins I bet that was such an amazing experience... you are so lucky. I feel the same way about President Hinckley and about the gospel. We are so blessed to have the knowledge. Hope life is well for you. Glad I can say Hi through your blog... it's fun!

Unknown said...

Linds I saw your name in angies blog, I am kinda new at the blog thing but our is tjandamypugmire.blogspot.com Your kids are so adorable! I can't believe you already have two. I have a 6 1/2 month old and I named her ava too, that's so funny! I always loved that name! You guys look great! I wish we lived somewhere warm. I am not a big fan of Washigton. I am so proud of Amber, I will be doing that sometime this year too, Kinda nervous hopefully tj will be coming too. keep in touch. Amy bolda

Unknown said...

Oh yeah does amber have a blog?