Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hording Mangoes!!


So what is it about kids...or maybe just mine not being able to grasp the concept of enjoying things one bite at a time? Ava is queen for stuffing as much of one thing in her mouth as she can, just in case it is not there when she finishes her first bite! Yesterday was a perfect example...every Tuesday we go to a park with friends, we bring a lunch and all the kids play while the moms sit and chat (it's just as much for us as it is for the kids!) So a few girls and I are sitting and talking, enjoying ourselves. We look over across the playground and see my Ava chasing her other little friend who happens to have a full bag of dried mangoes. My friend yells to her daughter to "share the mangoes with Ava." So she stops and we all watch intently as Ava digs her two paws into the bag and pulls out two packed handfuls of mangoes. We chuckled a little, then I yelled, "Ava, that's too many, put some back." When she heard those words she immediate brought one of those fistfuls to her mouth and started shoving them all in creating cheeks like a chipmunk. It was almost as if you could see her thought process...oh no, she's going to come for them, I must get them all in before she gets here! I wish I could have gotten it all on film, or even a snapshot of her extremely concerned look, fearing she might lose a mango! Good thing my friend loves my little one!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Ok, I am laughing out loud. That is hilarious!

teuscher travels said...

I love that story! so cute and Ava is darling! I had so much fun sitting next to you last night! I think the last couple times we have been on opposite sides of the table! and we really, truly need to have you guys over, so when you get back give me a call and we will set a date!!:) when do you leave? are you going to be around on the 1st of June? we are doing our thank goodness we are not driving to AMOP night:) and we will miss you if you cant make it! but know you will be having fun at your BBQ:)

Lindsey said...

You crack me up about AMOP! I am sure it will be a party, but I will be on my way to Utah on the 1st!!! YAY!!

Tyler Kearl said...

That's my girl! Survival of the quickest, that's what I live by as well.

Lindsey Lee said...

Its not just Ava Linds, Owen does the same thing with fruit snacks. He swallows those things whole!