Friday, September 7, 2007

The Race!

We did it!!! Despite a few minute details (such as the 95 degree weather, the running phenomenon associated with port-a-potties, and Tyler's problem with his feet) the race was awesome! It was amazing to see 14,000 people all grouped together to run an insane distance. They sent us off with fireworks and we ran all through the park. Characters were along the way to cheer us on, not to mention countless spectators, bands, cheerleaders the whole bit, and let me tell you they were VERY motivating! We got to run through the castle (which was my favorite) then we went out of the park and all the way past the Honda Center and through the Angel's Stadium. We actually ran down on the field and as we crossed home plate they had a camera that put us up on the Jumbotron. We then ran back to Disneyland and finished near downtown Disney. It was so great to say I finished and that I ran the whole time. I was hoping for a better time, but all things considered I am happy I finished.




5 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats. so fun that you got to do it together!

Granum Family said...

Good job! What an accomplishment!

hayleyrowan said...

That's awesome linds, i'm really impressed.

Fuller Family said...

I saw your blog through Lindsey's and thought I need to leave a comment. It has been forever, and I am so sad we missed you guys when we lived out in Pleasanton. We really should have gotten together. I miss our fun volleyball days! They were the best. Spandies and Sports Bras! I hope you are doing well. You have a very cute little family. Congrats on the run.

sara and wade said...

this sounds totally sweet! rowene and the whole family are now completely convinced that this is our next year's family vacation... (she thinks everybody likes to run... :) jk!) this really does sound like a blast and something that maybe i could do someday! thanks for the great description that can motivate me!