Monday, August 2, 2010

(witty title here)

I just sat for a good minute thinking of a witty title for this post, but alas, nothing. Man, I am rusty.
Things have been slow lately. It has seemed like we will never close on our house. But we are finally only 10 days from closing. Jon, Sara and Kate came from London to help us pass time. It was beyond great. I did my very best to convince them to move here with us, unsuccessfully I believe.
Here is a glance at some of our lazy days...
What are they looking at?
...this.
Once Jon got here there was a LOT of this...
Showing off their new bedding, or something?
Heading to the lake
Bennett was so nice to Kate the whole time. He would just pat her head. He was trying to let me know he is ready for a sibling. It didn't work.
Kate could have played in the sand hours. Actually I think she did.
Swimming with daddy.
With a little motivation from having a new audience Christian mastered the HIGH-DIVE. Seriously? He's barely 3.5. I love how he has to put his hands in diving position and keep them together until he lands in the water.
Ava also got up the guts to go off the diving board. No high-dive for this smart cookie. She is swimming SO well. Who would have guessed that a year ago? Not me!

So Jon, Sara and Kate remember all these good times?...please oh please come back...for good.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That looks like such a cool place to swim!! Now *I* would like to visit just for that swimming experience...

Lindsey said...

Always welcome!! The lake is our town lake. Awesome, right? I love it.

Hayley said...

yay! so glad to see some pics of the kiddos! looks like fun!

Grammy & Papa Dan said...

Looks like you all had fun! The px 'heading to the lake' is the first time I've ever thought Christian looked like Ty. I had to do a double-take! I see he still loves his belly-button! I sure do love those kids & looking forward to seeing them soon!

Jonny K said...

man, your kids have a cool aunt and unlce...and cousin...